Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in humans and animals. Hyaluronic acid is the main component of connective tissues such as the intercellular substance, vitreous body, and synovial fluid of the human body. It plays important physiological functions in the body to retain water, maintain extracellular space, regulate osmotic pressure, lubricate, and promote cell repair.
In this article, we will make a full introduction about hyaluronic acid or sodium hyaluronate. We will talk about below topics:
1. What is hyaluronic acid or Sodium Hyaluronate?
2. What is the benefit of of hyaluronic acid for skin health?
3. What does hyaluronic acid do for your face?
4. Can you use Hyaluronic acid everyday?
5. Application of hyaluronic acid in skin care cosmetic products?
Hyaluronic acid is a class of polysaccharide substances, more detailed classification, belongs to the class of mucopolysaccharides. It is a high molecular polymer composed of repeated arrangement of D-glucuronic acid and N-acetylglucosamine groups. The more repeating groups, the higher the molecular weight of hyaluronic acid. Therefore, hyaluronic acid on the market ranges from 50,000 Daltons to 2 million Daltons. The biggest difference between them is the size of the molecular weight.
Hyaluronic acid plays an important role in the human body, and it exists widely in the extracellular matrix. In addition, it is present in many organs and tissues, and plays a role in water retention and lubrication, such as the vitreous body, joint synovial fluid and skin.
Sodium hyaluronate is the sodium salt form of hyaluronic acid. It is stabilized salt form of hyaluronic acid which can be commercially applied in different products.
1. Conducive to skin moisturizing The hydration film formed by hyaluronic acid with large molecular weight on the skin surface is wrapped around the skin surface to prevent the loss of water, thereby playing a moisturizing effect, which is one of the main functions of HA in cosmetics.
2. It is beneficial to nourish the skin. Hyaluronic acid is an inherent biological substance of the skin. The total amount of HA contained in the human epidermis and dermis accounts for more than half of the human HA. The water content of the skin is directly related to the content of HA. When the amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin decreases, it leads to a decrease in the amount of water in the cells and between the cells of the skin tissue.
3. Conducive to the prevention and repair of skin damage Hyaluronic acid in the skin promotes the differentiation of epidermal cells by combining with CD44 on the surface of epidermal cells, scavenging active oxygen free radicals, and promoting skin regeneration at the injured site
4. Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory beneficial to the skin The hydration film formed by hyaluronic acid on the surface of the skin can separate bacteria and play an anti-inflammatory effect.
Hyaluronic acid is used to improve the condition of aging skin and damaged with age due to its rejuvenating and moisturizing effects. In aesthetic medicine, it is injected under the skin to create a structure that gives volume and naturalness to facial features. Hyaluronic acid penetrates into the deepest layers of the skin, making the dermis smoother and brighter. This effect can be achieved more gradually with constant application, creams or serums that contain hyaluronic acid as their main ingredient. After several first treatments, the results were astonishing, with a marked improvement in facial expression.
Where can hyaluronic acid be used on the face?
1. Contour and Lip Corner
2. Lip and face volume (cheekbones)
3. Expression lines from nose to mouth.
4. Wrinkles on the lips or around the mouth
5. Remove dark circles
6. Outer eye wrinkles, known as crow's feet
Yes, Hyaluronic acid is safe to use everyday.
Hyaluronic acid stock solution is a hyaluronic acid (HYALURONICACID, referred to as HA), also known as uronic acid. Hyaluronic acid originally exists in the dermal tissue of human skin in a colloidal form, and is responsible for storing water, increasing the volume of the skin, and making the skin look plump, plump and elastic. But hyaluronic acid disappears with age, causing the skin to lose its ability to retain water, gradually become dull, age, and form fine wrinkles.
1 The structure and mechanism of action of hyaluronic acid in cosmetics
1.1 The moisturizing function and water-retaining function of hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid maintains the hydration between tissues in the process of acting on cells, which is also one of the moisturizing effects of hyaluronic acid. Specifically, it is because the ECM contained in HA absorbs a large amount of water from the dermis layer of the skin and acts as a barrier for the epidermis to prevent the water from evaporating too quickly, playing a certain constant role. Therefore, hyaluronic acid is selected as an ideal moisturizing factor to be used in cosmetics. This function has also been continuously developed, and cosmetics suitable for different environments and skin have been developed, which are more suitable for groups working in dry climates. Beauty serums, foundations, lipsticks and lotions contain a large amount of hyaluronic acid, which is an essential daily additive that can increase moisture and keep moisturizing.
1.2 The anti-aging effect of HA
Hyaluronic acid binds to the cell surface in the process of interacting with cells, and can block some enzymes from being released outside the cell, which also leads to the reduction of free radicals. Even if a certain amount of free radicals are generated, hyaluronic acid can Limiting free radicals and peroxidative enzymes to the cell membrane, which can improve the physiological conditions of the skin to a certain extent
Post time: Aug-04-2022